Monday 12 April 2010

True North

I went to visit Ady a designer at True North today, he invited me in to chat after I had emailed him last week. I took my book dummy with me and a few more spreads that have been adapted since I created this. The advice Ady gave me was really helpful. His opinion reinforced what I was thinking myself which I feel is a good thing as it made me feel as though I am on the right track with my project.

Ady felt that once I had sorted out the order of my book, as I explained I would be changing this by adding section dividers, it would be almost there. He showed me some examples of work True North had done and explained how adding imagery to my book may break it up slightly as currently it is purely typographic and becomes slightly repetitive. Overall the visit went really well I plan to work on the following pointers over the next few weeks:
  • Reintroduce page dividers
  • Find place for page word and lock in place to help keep the structure of the book
  • Visualise each quote by using typography and page elements
  • Introduce imagery to break up pages

No comments:

Post a Comment