Monday 9 March 2009

Editorial Brief

This was a brief I was set at uni. We were given the choice of 3 magazines and asked to redesign one of them based on the main article, I chose the New Scientist. The article was about creativity and where creative people get their inspiration from. It included information about how the brain worked and how creativity had been linked to schizophrenia and other disorders. The title of the article was 'Looking for Inspiration', we were given the option of changing the title if necessary. Overall we had to design 2 spreads, an editorial page and a front and back cover. 

At first I had difficulty coming up with a theme for my magazine, I had looked at many different angles but non seemed to be working. I decided to look into the work of Paul Davis, David Shrigley and other designers with similar loose, sketchy styles. I felt this was a good idea because the style seemed to relate to the article well. I did struggle with this brief but overall I think that the final outcome was a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment