Wednesday 10 February 2010

Book design: Layout

As part of my Final Major Project I have decided to create a book. I have always been interested in the development of language and often ask myself why objects hold certain names... why is a tree called a tree? As I think this is an interesting subject I want to focus my major project on Etymology, which is the explanation of how words have developed and the documentation of the origins of words. As I plan to create a book I have been researching book and editorial design, looking at book covers and unusual layouts that may give me inspiration for my final product. Below are some designs that I have come across while researching, Not all of these are necessarily right for what I want my book to look like but feel they are good designs.














No comments:

Post a Comment