Friday 12 March 2010

Dye Holloway Murray

Dhm was another agency that I visited when in London. I had been emailing Fran, a designer at Dhm, regarding one of my projects and she had suggested taking in my portfolio while I was in London. I visited the studio with my classmates Michele and Kat, we got some great feedback and Fran seemed really keen to see our work. One of her colleagues also joined us.

The feedback I got about my work was really helpful, Fran liked my Kitchen of Meaning exhibition posters but felt they were quite long and could possibly be shortened. By doing this it could also help the viewer get the idea quicker.

I also showed Fran and her colleague my Cumberland Pencil Museum exhibition poster, she liked the idea and thought it was simple yet effective. One piece of advise given here was that maybe I could of used a variety of pencils to represent the mountains rather than just one photograph repeated.

She also gave some great advice to me and Michele on the Bacardi brief we are currently working on. She liked our idea and told us that it reminded her of some 18-30's ads she had seen a few years back. Fran suggested that to make our posters better we could make the language that we used more casual and up to date, using more slang words etc and she also suggested adding a strapline to link the text to the rum itself. Another thing that came up was that our work lacked advertising strategy, this was mentioned on several occasions. Fran explained to us what this was and how it may be useful to us if we looked into it further.

We left Dhm feeling positive about our work as they were extremely helpful and really enthusiastic when looking at our designs. This was a great end to our visits in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment