Friday 12 March 2010

Magpie

Recently I visited London with uni. While there I visited a number of design agencies, this was really helpful and allowed me to get an insight into how agencies worked in London. One Studio that I visited was Magpie. I visited this studio in a group with some of my classmates to talk to the designer Ben about the company and the work they had done.

Ben began by telling us about the company and how it started. Magpie had been around for 2 years with some of the designers joining from Hatrick. He then went on to talk about the industry and show us a portfolio of work that they had produced as a company. One piece that stood out to me was the Action on Addiction book they produced as I am designing a book for my final major project. I think this idea was simple but effective which I feel is essential in book design.

As well as showing us work Ben asked us about our final major projects and told us to feel free to email him if we were struggling and needed any advice. He also advised us to make cards that we could leave behind for the designers so that they can contact us if they were impressed by our work etc. I feel this was good advise so I plan to produce something along these lines in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment