Wednesday 29 April 2009

Interior Design

I have always been interested in other areas of design particularly architecture and interior design. I really enjoy watching programs like Grand Designs, I like how you can see the whole process of the build from the foundations been laid rite through to the final furnishings. I love how the design of the building depends on the surroundings and how the architect makes the building fit in its environment. I also like the clean lines and organisation of the modern interiors. 

The following house was on last weeks show. The reason I chose to write about this is because the inside and the outside of the building are so different and this sums up why I like the show. The outside is designed to fit in with its surroundings, it is made to sit on the lake as though it has been there for years yet the interior is clean an modern.


No comments:

Post a Comment